This post is about growing up in the 90s. To those born late 1980 – 1987/88/89 – we may have missed a lot of the 80s classics – but dont these just bring back such awesome memories and feelings of nostolgia?
1. The clothing – tie-dye tops, pedal pushers, bell-bottoms, platform sketchers (a la Spice Girls), tie-dyed bell-bottoms (yes – I owned a pair of those – and wore them, in public… ‘hangs face in shame’)
2. The Music – The Backstreet Boys – Everybody, Rock Your Body Now, Backstreets Back Alright!, Spice Girls – I’ll Tell Ya What I Want, What I Really Really Want, ‘N Sync – You Drive Me Crazy, a younger (more innocent) Britney Spears – Hit Me Baby One More Time, Christina Aguilera – I’m a Genie in a Bottle, Alanis Morrisette, the Cranberries, Aqua – Mr Jones, Mr Jones, Calling Mr Jones, Hanson – MMMBop, Celine Dion – My Heart Will Go On, The Fugees – Killing Me Softly with His Song, Emilia – I’m a Big Big Girl, In a Big Big World, Its Not a Big Big Thing If You Leave Me….
3. The Movies – Shakespeare in Love, Forrest Gump, Titanic, Mrs Doubtfire, Clueless, Home Alone, She’s All That, Whatever it Takes, Austin Powers – Yeah Baby Yeah!, Hope Floats, 10 Things I Hate About You, Cruel Intenions, Strike, Now and Then…
4. The TV Series – Friends, 7th Heaven, Gilmore Girls, Charmed, Dawsons Creek, Full House, Power Ranges, KIDEO…
5. The Crazes (i.e. the fads) – Tamagotchi, PEZ sweets, the Y2K bug, the Macarena, Push Pops, Sony Walkman, Sony Discman, Puppy-in-my-Pocket, Mood Rings
6. The Sayings – Psyche! Talk to the hand…NOT!
So…what are your top memories of the 90s?